Re: The Papers That Ate Cincinnati

T. Michael Keesey wrote:
On 5/4/07, John Conway <john.a.conway@gmail.com> wrote:

> The apomorphy *is* the behavior.

Ah, I didn't know behaviour could count as an apomorphy (you know, the
_morphy_ part).

I have sometimes thought it might be nice to use another word here. Maybe "apocharacter"? ("Character" being Latinized Greek.)

Well, "morph" is just Greek for "form", and according to Aristotle, anything that is definite has a form, which would include behaviour. And forgive my ignorance, but isn't "apo" a Greek prefix, and "character" a Greek word?