Re: The Papers That Ate Cincinnati

(For the record, I am wary of the PhyloCode. Suffice
to say that I'd rather reserve my final judgement
until say 2015...

I'm only wary of the companion volume.

In a nutshell, if monophyly as
understood by Hennig rather sooner than later turns
out to be an exception rather than the rule, I'll be
the last to be surprised. I'll be happy to discuss
this when the data arrives that verifies or falsifies
the gut feeling I get based on today's limited
knowledge about molecular evolution on the - roughly -
chromosomal level.)

I'd appreciate an explanation of this, too...

For something entirely different: I went down to the
store today to get some smokes, and there was this
kids' magazine advertising a photo feature:

"THE ISLAND OF THE LAST DINOSAURS"

No, not New Zealand.

Komodo.

*slowly bangs head against the wall*

See? _See???_ Smoking _is_ dangerous for your health!!! :-Þ