RE: The PhyloCode will not address the naming of species (Was The Papers That Ate Cincinnati)

        advantages.  First, species names would be identical
        under rank-based and phylogenetic nomenclature.
        Second, no conversion or registration of species names
        would be required.  Third, this approach would not
        discourage systematists who are attached to binomina
        from using the PhyloCode.  Following a discussion of
        this proposal, a nonbinding vote of the participants
        revealed majority support.  Consequently, a new
        article will be prepared and submitted to the CPN
        concerning the use of Linnaean binomina in the context
        of the PhyloCode.

I am very pleased about this: I think that the perceived threat of the
PhyloCode to rank-based codes has been severely exacerbated by
perception that its "attack" might extend to species as well (mostly
suprageneric) taxon names.  I am much more hopeful for a
reconciliation between PhyloCoders and traditionalists now that it is
understood what the responsibilities of the two codes are, and how
little they overlap

did I read the quoted parts right?: only the Genus & Species will remain unchanged?

so, now Guiness Book of World Records can have entries for "Last person to discover a new Class/Family/Order/Phylum"....no matter how many new discoveries are made.
:D

Now you can see trouble?before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507