Re: The PhyloCode will not address the naming of species (Was The Papers That Ate Cincinnati)

>Dinosauria has been everything from a suborder (original designation)
>to a class. But why would the mere fact that his sort of thing goes on
>a lot excuse it?

Why would the mere fact that it goes on, condemn it?

It doesn't. What condemns it is that it's meaningless.

if you say "monotreme"/"monotrema", I know you're talking about a mammal that lays eggs rather than having live birth.

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i?m Initiative now. It?s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07