Coming soon: The Encyclopedia of Life

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/4865

Snippet:

WASHINGTON (AP) - In a whale-sized project, the
world's scientists plan to compile everything they
know about all of Earth's 1.8 million known species
and put it all on one Web site, open to everyone.

The effort, called the Encyclopedia of Life, will
include species descriptions, pictures, maps, videos,
sound, sightings by amateurs, and links to entire
genomes and scientific journal papers. Its first pages
of information will be shown Wednesday in Washington
where the massive effort is being announced by some of
the world's leading institutions. The project will
take about 10 years to finish.

And the URL of the actual site:

http://www.eol.org/

Everything sounds pretty cool to me. I wonder if they
will incorporate the Tree of Life web project as well.
It would seem like a logical progression.

Jason