Re: Dinosaur Diversity

>  Lucy Norman wrote:
>I am working on correlating the extent of rock outcrops of terrestrial
>sediments of the
>Jurassic and Cretaceous with diversity curves of the dinosauria during
>this period.

Peter Dodson and I looked at the correlation of rock availability and
dinosaur diversity in our 2006 paper in PNAS, although at a very coarse
time resolution. We found a high correlation between rock availability and
known diversity, but a lower correlation once we accounted for undiscovered
genera.

You can download a copy of our paper from my web site:

        http://www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/swang1/Publications

Cheers,

Steve

Steve C. Wang