Big thanks to all who answered

...my post in search of books to improve my knowledge and
understanding of Mesozoic flora and fauna.  Just an update:  I have
since obtained The Evolution of the Insects, thanks for that - looks
marvellous.  Will continue to track down the others on the list.

In answer to T. Keesey's question, would I recommend the Evolution of
Plant Architecture?  Yes on a technical level, no on an aesthetic one.
Can't have everything eh :)

A special thanks to those of you who forwarded the question to people
not on the list to answer - talk about above and beyond! much
appreciated.

Cheers,