RE: Paul on Scientific Illustration

Hi All! -

>Could it be "Dinosaurs Past and Present: Volumes I and
>II", Edited by Sylvia J. Czerkas and Everett C. Olsen,
>published in 1987?  Greg Paul's chapter was entitled,
>"The Science and Art of Restoring the Life Appearance
>of Dinosaurs and Their Relatives: A Rigorous How-To
>Guide."

     I'm fairly certain this one wasn't it -- the book was a very large, thick
tome dedicated exclusively to scientific illustration -- it had chapters on the
proper drawing of insects, birds, etc., all by different authors (I think).  I
have a vague memory that the cover was dark green (with all sorts of other
pictures overprinted on it).  I also vaguely recall that Greg's chapter was
pretty lengthy, although I don't recall looking at it for long.  Sorry for the
confusion...if anyone else knows of this, I'm still eager to track it down (no,
it's not for me -- I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag...heck, even my
stick figures look like Quasimodo!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT  84770   USA
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
 and     dinogami@gmail.com
http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/

"Trying to estimate the divergence times
of fungal, algal or prokaryotic groups on
the basis of a partial reptilian fossil and
protein sequences from mice and
humans is like trying to decipher
Demotic Egyptian with the help of an
odometer and the Oxford English