Re: Paul on Scientific Illustration

Hi Jerry, This was The Guild of Natural Science
Illustrators Guide to Scientific Illustration, edited
by the late Elaine R.S. Hodges, and it did indeed have
an entry in the paleoart section by GSP, well written
I might add. I've got the book, and would be happy to
mail you that excerpt if you'd like. --Mark
--- "Jerry D. Harris" <jharris@dixie.edu> wrote:

> Hi All -
>
>     Many years ago (I saw this some time in the
> early 1990's), there was a
> large, very expensive book on the subject of
> scientific illustration, and
> Greg Paul had a chapter in it.  I have totally
> forgotten the name of this
> book -- does anyone know?  Thanks!
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jerry D. Harris
> Director of Paleontology
> Dixie State College
> Science Building
> 225 South 700 East
> St. George, UT  84770   USA
> Phone: (435) 652-7758
> Fax: (435) 656-4022
> E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
>  and     dinogami@gmail.com
> http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/
>
> "Trying to estimate the divergence times
> of fungal, algal or prokaryotic groups on
> the basis of a partial reptilian fossil and
> protein sequences from mice and humans
> is like trying to decipher Demotic Egyptian with
> the help of an odometer and the Oxford
> English Dictionary."
>                -- D. Graur & W. Martin (_Trends
>                    in Genetics_ 20[2], 2004)

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html