Pterosaur origins over and out

Dear All,

As the current debate on pterosaur origins doesn't appear to be getting
anywhere fast I'll sign off on this one with the following thoughts. There are
more papers to come on this topic, but its pointless speculating about what
might or might not be in them before they are published. There will be plenty
of opportunity to dicuss them once they are out. Nick Gardner very kindly
reminded me that Momchil Atanassov described a couple of putative
pterosaur-like basal archosaurs in his dissertation (2002). I have only seen
the abstract (http://wwwlib.umi.com/dissertations/fullcit/3056100
<http://wwwlib.umi.com/dissertations/fullcit/3056100> ) so I can't really
comment on this but, who knows, maybe they will prove to be the missing
beasties that finally start to resolve this problem. The important thing is
that England finished the day on 553 for 5. Whoo Hoo! The Windies are really on
the ropes now!

Cheers,

Dave
David M. Unwin
Department of Museum Studies
University of Leicester
105 Princess Road East
LEICESTER LE1 2LG
UK
Email:     dmu1@le.ac.uk <mailto:dmu1@le.ac.uk>
Work tel: +44 116 252 3947
Dept tel:  +44 116 252 3963
Fax:        +44 116 252 3960
http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/contactus/davidunwin.html
<http://www.le.ac.uk/ms/contactus/davidunwin.html>
<http://www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/>

Live in Europe and interested in visiting major European natural history
collections?
Go to: www.synthesys.info <http://www.synthesys.info/>

Would you like to catch up on the latest ideas about pterodactyls?
Read: The Pterosaurs
http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780131463080,00.html