From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of T. Michael Keesey
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 11:11 AM
To: Dinosaur Mailing List
Subject: Re: Zallinger Murals

On 5/20/07, Michael J. Balsai <vze3vhpv@verizon.net> wrote:
> I believe this may partly be because most books do not actually
> reproduce the actual mural, but Zallinger's mock-up that he made
> before doing the mural.

It'd have to be a pretty detailed mock-up, at least for some of the
ones I've seen. (Unfortunately I don't have any of those books handy
right now, so I can't check.)

I would have thought it was because most diagrams/illustrations/grids
show time going left to right. However (as David Marjanovic pointed
out), at the Peabody you enter the room at the right edge of the
mural, so the usual direction was reversed. (Or did he do the mock-up
in the usual direction before seeing the space, and then flip it when
he executed it?)

--
Mike Keesey