RE: Zallinger Murals

In Zallinger's own words: "Because the entrance hall is at the south end -- near the right side of the mural -- and because of the time sequence in which the Peabody's fossils are arranged, the chronology of the subject matter moves from right to left rather than in the customary direction."

> Or did he do the mock-up in the usual direction before seeing the space, and then flip it when he executed it?

Even in an early sketch, which in composition is quite different from the final mural, the direction is the same.

Steve