Re: Pterosaur Tibiotarsus

The estruture of Tibiotarsus e formed by:

              tibia + proximal tarsals
              tibia + proximal and distal tarsals

why in almost papers we can see astragalus+calcaneous named as the proximal tarsal series and in others as the distal ones.

When the tibia and the proximal tarsals fuse, we call the result the tibiotarsus.

Proximal tarsals = astragalus + calcaneum*. These are called proximal because they are proximal = closer to the mass of the body than the distal ones. What exactly is your question?

* Except in mammals, where it's called calcaneus...