RE: Featherless Sinosauropteryx

--- Gautam Majumdar <gmajumdar@freeuk.com> schrieb:

> News article with David Unwin's comments

http://www.nature.com/news/2007/070521/full/070521-6.html

"If Sinosauropteryx was indeed featherless, then it
may be that feathers arrived on the evolutionary scene
later than palaeontologists had thought."

I think I have heard somewhere there was a most
spectacular recent discovery in the antediluvian
lithographic Plattenkalke at Solenhofen. According to
the few that have seen it yet, it is an impression of
a feather from the sediments of the Swabian Malm.

But it might all be a bad dream.

Eike

       __________________________________ Yahoo! Clever - Der einfachste Weg,
Fragen zu stellen und Wissenswertes mit Anderen zu teilen. www.yahoo.de/clever