Re: Sinosauropteryx

Oops -- not *Polypterus*, *Polyodon*!

> Well, Richard Prum is an expert in feathers, and he said that it
> looks like protofeathers...

I was talking about the gray layer with the long, parallel striations that
don't look like feathers. I have no idea what they are, except that they aren't
feathers; Lingham-Soliar says they are collagen; that means I should consider
the probability high that they are collagen.

The brown stuff, on the other hand, is different; it looks a lot more like
feathers. That's what Prum talked about.