Mythic (fossil) Creatures

The "Mythic Creatures" exhibit opens today at the American Museum of Natural History in New York. Curated by Mark Norell and Richard Ellis, the show presents fabulous mythic creatures of Sea, Land, and Sky, from around the world.
The Land section features several fossil-related creatures, such as the Griffin and the Cyclops.

There is an interactive game based on my notorious re-arrangement of a mammoth into a bipedal giant, and videos about Land, Sea, and Sky monsters. The show will travel to museums Atlanta, Chicago, Canada, and Australia.

Looks like a cool show! I'm delighted that they included fossil- related creatures, a new aspect of geomythology that many of you on the dinosaur and vrtpaleo lists have helped come to light.

For a review of the exhibit in the NY Times, May 25:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/25/arts/design/25myth.html? _r=1&ref=design&oref=slogin