RE: Anyone know what this is?

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> gkw@amnet.net.au
>
> A friend asked me to post this link to a photo of what is supposedly from a
> Spinosaurus. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any size comparison
> available.
> http://www.paleolinks.com/special/TK604.jpg
> Any comments would be most welcome.

The hand of Spinosaurus proper isn't yet reported, so it is difficult to say
for certain. Any  word on to what degree that material
is reconstructed? Also, I suspect that some of the phalanges are in the wrong
position (for instance, the the penultimate phalanges
are more typically the longest in a theropod hand).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117
                College Park, MD  20742