Re: Some silly questions

--- David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>
schrieb:

> I can tell you immediately that most of your
> questions require data that
> have never been collected. This is because the only
> way to tell the age of a
> fossil tetrapod -- counting LAGs -- requires taking
> at least one of its long
> bones and cut it through or at least drill a hole in
> it. This is almost
> never done, for reasons that you can probably
> imagine.

I think the questions were more about the duration for
which taxa existed. Taxonomic issues aside, I only
know data for neognaths (living genera mostly go back
some 15-20 MA, some perhaps 35 MA or *maybe* a bit
longer; living species usually go back some 1-3 MA).

Eike

       __________________________________ Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den
schönsten Strand? www.yahoo.de/clever