Re: Report Sez Volcanic Gases Killed The Dinosaurs

--- Tommy Tyrberg

http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2007AM/finalprogram/abstract_130709.htm

http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2006AM/finalprogram/abstract_112451.htm

> actually seems to indicate that most of the activity
> occurred
> *before* the K/Pg boundary.

When exactly was chron 30N?

The main problem with this (or maybe just the press
release) is that we *did* have a certain bolide
impacting at a certain time, and that the Chicxculub
data makes it rather implausible that the impact did
*not* cause a mass extinction...

Eike

       __________________________________ Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den
schönsten Strand? www.yahoo.de/clever