Re: Report Sez Volcanic Gases Killed The Dinosaurs

<<I think that the first ice age was before the end of the Cretaceous,
whatever provoked it; though I think that the continents in their current
position helped. If Deccan traps actually cooled off the oceans, they could
have brought on a volcanic winter and helped trigger an ice age.>>

There's evidence of ice caps during the Silurian if that's any help, and
that's before the end of the Cretaceous.

Sadly or otherwise, there's no evidence of major ice caps during the
Mesozoic, and that might have been worth checking out prior to trying to
account for causes, Dora.  It wouldn't have been very difficult.  For
example, try googling for 'Cretaceous glaciers' or checking a favourite
paleo-book.  School kids might use these archives for homework research.
Speculating about causes for non-existent ice ages isn't a good idea.