Re: Report Sez Volcanic Gases Killed The Dinosaurs

However, on whether the Deccan traps heated the climate or cooled it off, I'd agree with you that one would expect it to get hot, but maybe it got cold instead. I'd actually expect it to do some of both. It's just that the climate record we just saw evidence about says it got cold, not hot. That was just one piece of mussel evidence, however.

I repeat: we don't only expect, we actually know what actually happened. It got hotter. http://dml.cmnh.org/2003Dec/msg00092.html

If you like, I can send you the pdf of the paper.