Re: Rethinking What Caused the Last Mass Extinction

> This is consistent with the last paragraph of the
> article, which describes a
> Strangelove ocean above the supposed Paleocene
> ammonites.

"At the creek site, above the fossils of the Pinna
layer, the Hornerstown Formation
> This is consistent with the last paragraph of the
> article, which describes a
> Strangelove ocean above the supposed Paleocene
> ammonites.

"At the creek site, above the fossils of the Pinna
layer, the Hornerstown Formation preserves a record of
impoverished life, beginning a few hundred years after
athe extinction event or events. There were tiny
oyster shells from a single species, and little else."

_Laornis_ was not exactly what I'd call "little", and
neither was _Tytthostonyx_. And I suspect _Anatalavis
rex_ bears its species name for a reason too ;-)

Eike preserves a record of impoverished life,
beginning a few hundred years after athe extinction
event or events. There were tiny oyster shells from a
single species, and little else."

_Laornis_ was not exactly what I'd call "little", and
neither was _Tytthostonyx_. And I suspect _Anatalavis
rex_ bears its species name for a reason too ;-)

Eike

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen Sie´s
mit dem neuen Yahoo! Mail. www.yahoo.de/mail