RE: Avian-like breathing mechanics in maniraptoran dinosaurs

At 14.09 08/11/2007 -0800, mickey_mortimer111@msn.com wrote:

Note that the oviraptorid skeleton identified as AMNH 6517 (Oviraptor philoceratops holotype) is actually IGM 100/973 ("Big Mama"; generally identified as Citipati).

Hi Mickey,

for what I know IGM 100/973 is a specimen of Khaan mckennai. The specimen erroneously identified as AMNH 6517 (the museum number of the only specimen, and holotype, of Oviraptor philoceratops), is effectively a Citipati, but not "Big Mama" (IGM 100/979), but another undescribed Citipati specimen known as "Big Auntie" (Clark pers. comm.), from the same horizon of "Big Mama".
Even "Big Auntie" was founded in brooding position and is more complete than "Big Mama", but there's no skull for what I know.

Marco

MARCO AUDITORE
Via S.Giovanni Battista, 7/23
16154 GENOVA SESTRI P. - ITALY
Tel: +39-010-6044259
E-mail: maaudito@tin.it
Web-Page: http://www.studiotsunami.it/minmi/index.htm

"Volunteer of Museo Paleontologico Cittadino, Monfalcone"
Museum Web-Page: http://www.museomonfalcone.it