RE: Where to find Paleontological journals/scientific writings

Hopefully there'll be more answers from others on this, but I can suggest
this as a starting point for old dinosaur related literature (pre 1990s)
that may not be included in various online databases:

Fleury BE. 1992. Dinosaurs: A Guide to Research. New York: Garland
Publishing. 478 p.

I haven't had to use it myself too much yet, but have to say it's an
impressive work (I'd be really interested to hear what opinions others have
on this book). It lists over 1000 references, with a summary for each,
organised into topic based groups.

Also, A bit off topic are textbooks (you may already be aware of, and is
more aimed at students starting out):

Among classic textbooks:
Romer's 'Osteology of the reptiles', 'Vertebrate palaeontology' and the
'Vertebrate body'(Parsons co-authors in later editions), are older books ,
but good illustrations and good starting point for getting a broad
understanding of anatomy of various groups (phylogenetic info has aged).

Other textbooks:
Carroll's 'Patterns and process of vertebrate evolution' and 'vertebrate
paleontology and evolution' are worth looking at.
Benton's 'vertebrate palaeontology'

Hildebrand's 'analysis of vertebrate structure' for functional morphology.

Liem et al's 'Functional Anatomy of the vertebrates' is a really good cross
between the Romer's 'vertebrate body' (strong on anatomy) and Hildebrand's
'analysis of vertebrate structure' (strong on function). Many good points
about this book - e.g. see colour coding of skull elements through evolution
from fish to mammals.

For dinosaur specific info:
Glut's huge multi-volume series 'Dinosauria, the encyclopaedia' includes key
references for its entries
Farlow and Brett-Surman 'The complete dinosaur'
Currie and Padian 'The encyclopaedia of dinosaurs'
Weishampel et al's 'The dinosauria'

For finding scientific literature:
Online databases (usually abavailable through uni libraries and othe
institutions) like 'Web of Science', 'Biological Abstract/Biosis', and
'Zoological Record', and similar geological databases cover a good deal of
the literature... I'm sure there's more that could be added there...

Hope that's a useful start

Cheers,
Chris Glen.