Re: What do you hate about dino-docs?

Great thread!

In the same vein as Jason's post about roaring, it's the 'fang bearing' constantly open mouths that bug me. Most animals walk around with their mouth closed, unless it's damned hot and their a mammal who cools down by panting, or a croc basking. Around my own home, I know that it's really hot if I see the crows sitting around with their mouths open- and it's then that you realise how rarely you see them in that pose. Other than that, open mouths are for vocalising, feeding, and yawning. That's it.

As for a marine animal swimming around with its mouth open, it's just ludicrous. Haven't the new IMax yet, so don't know if they were guilty of that particular sin.

Cheers Colin

--
Colin McHenry
Computation Biomechanics Research Group http://www.compbiomech.com/