Re: What do you hate about dino-docs?

David Krentz wrote:

>    I'm curious about how many of you feel about the anthropamorphism
> of dinosaurs.  That is, turning them into characters who are seemingly
> involved in a three act story structure, often with human motives.

I can see where an actual story line, as opposed to a recitation of facts, is
useful in a program, especially for a lay audience. I personally find it a
little too cutesy, but then I'm not exactly an average viewer. Perhaps
anthropomorphized animals and a story line have become old hat. Maybe it's
time for something completely different. Listers, your ideas...?

[Handing off to myself and running in the general direction of the goal
line...] Speaking of "something completely different," what if a paleo program
was a comedy?* Maybe sketch comedy? Maybe CGI itself has already become old
hat -- so perhaps other types of animation could be thrown in for "visual
texture." If the goal is to teach a concept or even a factoid, even a couple
sock puppets could do the job, providing the script was well written. Maybe a
Geico caveman could host. (Okay, scratch that last idea.)

-- Donna Braginetz

* BUT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, NOT THAT LAME, WASTE-OF-TIME SHTICK THAT MO ROCCA
DOES BETWEEN SEGMENTS OF REPACKAGED CRITTER SHOWS. (My apologies to Mo Rocca
-- but that was just not his best work.)