"Terra: Our 100-Million-Year-Old Ecosystem..."

-- and the Threats That Now Put it at Risk" by Michael Novacek (published  on
November 13).
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Terra-100-Million-Year-Old-Ecosystem-Threats-That/dp/0374273251/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195436652&sr=8-1

>From Publishers Weekly:
"Paleontologist Novacek (Time Traveler) tells  the story of our ecosystem and
warns that humans are transforming it so  drastically that it may not be
habitable in the future. Discussing the  evolutionary processes that led to the
diversification of all life, he asserts  that people who reject the theory of
evo
lution impede efforts to preserve the  ecosystem because they ignore the
importance of biological diversity."

Half of the cover is a panel from the Zallinger mural "The Age of  Reptiles".

Mary