To: <GSP1954@aol.com>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: Sauropod Self Defense

GSP1954@aol.com escribió:
The appropriate titanosaur for an encounter with
Tyrannosaurus is
Alamosaurus.

This is because you are only thinking in a North American scenary... What if the T.rex could have crossed the bridge? hadrosaurs and ankylosaurs did it...and you can find them easily in South America... Did T.rex inhabited parts of South America? If did it, obviously was not abbundant and we still didn'e found it, as we didn't found ceratopsians, and you have the possible encounter with every latest K South American titanosaurs, especially the horse-sized saltasaurids and the elephant-sized argyrosaurs. We've published in 2003 in Ameghiniana an incomplete but beautifully preserved D-shaped crown from Entre Ríos, Argentina. However, we didn't reached enough self-conviction to propose that it belonged to a tyrannosaurid (and we still didn't)...perhaps other researcher...haha.. best. Sebastian

Lic. Sebastián Apesteguía

Área de Paleontología. Fundación de Historia Natural 'Félix de Azara',
Dto. de Ciencias Naturales y Antropología, CEBBAD, Univ.Maimónides,
V. Virasoro 732 (1405), Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
Tel-fax: 5411-49051100 i. 1228, secretaria@fundacionazara.org.ar www.fundacionazara.org.ar

Sección de Paleontología de Vertebrados
Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales 'B. Rivadavia'
Av. Ángel Gallardo 470 (1405) Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
Tel-fax:5411-49826595 i.193, paleoninja@yahoo.com.ar

Compartí video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de Flickr).
Usá el nuevo Yahoo! Messenger versión Beta. http://ar.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

--
J'utilise la version gratuíte de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.
Ce programme a supprimé2963 d'e-mails spam à ce jour.