Re: Sauropod Self Defense

you can check that info in the study of the faunal
successions in Neuquen basin by Leanza et al 2004 at
Cretaceous Research (I can send it to you if you
want). After Coniacian, carcharods became extinct or
very poorly represented in SA, and abelisaurids become
more abundant than before, also accompanied by other
ceratosaurs and very large deynonychosaurs.
A large tetanuran was recorded also by Coniacian, but
is in study. Anyway, nothing but abelisaurids was
recorded as big theropod in Gondwana yet.

--- Jean-Michel BENOIT <s.aegyptiacus@wanadoo.fr>