RE: Cattails, reeds and bullrushes

--- David Krentz <ddkrentz@charter.net> schrieb:

>    I've been scouring my references for any kind of
> indication that
> tall marsh plants (beside horsetails) ever existed
> with a dinosaur.

Poaceae radiation was underway at the end of the
Cretaceous:

Dinosaur Coprolites and the Early Evolution of Grasses
and Grazers
Prasad et al.
Science 18 November 2005: 1177-1180
DOI: 10.1126/science.1118806

Mening that as they are rather closely related,
cattails/bulrushes and bulrushes/sedges must also have
existed, or at least some ancestral forms of these.

But they can't have been common and/or widespread, or
more material would have been found it would seem.

Eike

       __________________________________ Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den
schönsten Strand? www.yahoo.de/clever