Re: tyrannosaur lips

M Sakamoto, Earth Sciences wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone remember a recent article about the reconstruction of lips on tyrannosaurs where the upper and lower lips form a seal over the teeth - kind of like chimp lips? I can't seem to find the original reconstruction and I'm sure I didn't dream this up...

Can anyone reassure me that I haven't dreamt it up and remind me who's work that was?

Thanks,
Manabu
M. Sakamoto
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Bristol,
Wills Memorial Building, Queen's Road,
Bristol BS8 1RJ, UK
M.Sakamoto@bristol.ac.uk

The only thing I can remember was Bob Bakker's idea of sauropod "moose lips" last year. I must have missed the tyrannosaur lips altogether.

Jack Blue