RE: On Xenoposeidon gen. et sp nov

Fabio Della Vecchia wrote:

> You are not the only victim of this system. Our paper on the rimmed,
> Triassic nests of crurotarsal archosaurs was totally ignored. Here, in
> Italy, in Europe, in USA, in the world. Maybe on the moon.....

No, the Man on the Moon didn't hear about it either.  But I heard about it here
in Australia (which is almost as far away).

The paper is...

Avanzini et al. (2007).  A vertebrate nesting site in northeastern Italy
reveals unexpectedly complex behavior for late Carnian reptiles.  Palaios 22:
465–475.

Abstract: "We interpret 13 large subcircular or horseshoe-shaped depressions
discovered in Late Triassic peritidal carbonate rocks of the Dogna Valley in
Udine Province, northeastern Italy, to be reptile nests.  These trace fossils
show truncation of strata, elevated ridges of massive sediment, and sediment
infill within the depression differing in shape and sedimentary structures from
the host sediment.  The palynological assemblage of a shaly interbed close to
the nest layer indicates a Tuvalian age (late Carnian).  Archosaurian
footprints, produced possibly by aetosaurs, are on a surface 130 cm above the
nest-bearing layer.  The trackmakers are considered the most probable nest
makers."

Cheers

Tim

P.S.  Catching up on a huge backlog of mail... still celebrating a change of
government down here...