Nigersaurus: the complete picture

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. writes:
 > * With the topology Rebbachisauridae + (Dicraeosauridae + Diplodocidae), a
 > low-browsing short-necked morph is the ancestral condition for
 > Diplodocoidea.

Er.  Why would we assume that this was evolved in basal diplodocoids
and then lost in flagellicaudatans, rather than that it is apopmorphic
for rebbachisaurids (or indeed just for Nigersaurus)?

)_v__/\  "Beak in beak, vestigal wing in vestigal wing, with a moonful
         of spiracles, he's the Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Chicken" --
         Nemesis, "Rupper's Steady"