RE: dracrorex and National Geographic

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Ian Paulsen
>
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Denver Fowler wrote:
>
> > I just saw this month's National Geographic magazine. Isn't
> it a tad embarrassing to see "Dracorex hogswartsia" on the
> cover, and in the article?: when "Dracorex" was recently
> outed (along with "Stygiomoloch") as growth stages of
> Pachycephalosaurus (Horner et al, SVP2007): not even
> mentioned in the article. I find it pretty surprising that
> National Geographic would sit so behind the times like this.

Not published yet: an SVP presentation.

And he is almost certainly correct, in my opinion. My only real question has
to do with whether Stygi really is a subadult Pachycephalosaurus
wyomingensis or simply a closely related species. But Dracorex is a kid.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/