Re: dracrorex and National Geographic

---- Original Message ----
From: Richard W. Travsky <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Denver Fowler wrote:

>> To Ken: Thanks for posting the abstract. I do wonder how you managed
>> do it though (apart from typing it of course): I have found it
>> immeasurably annoying that the SVP2007 abstracts volume PDF does not
>> allow you to cut and paste text. You can search but not cut and
 paste.
>> Why?

>The pdf was saved as an image :( If you have access to a scanner with
 OCR,
>you could probably get around that.

Actually no (but thanks for the point) . The PDF is text-searchable, but it was
specifically copy protected so that noone could copy and paste the abstracts,
nor can you extract the pages etc.. you can't edit the doc at all unless you
know the password. It is rather annoying. You can screen grab the document,
then open that as a new file and OCR that, but it all seems like alot of
unnecessary effort.

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html