Re: Dinosaur find puts Australian water project on hold

Laramie Roecker writes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSSYD21606120071127

My apologies for the cross-post.

According to Dr Tom Rich:

"I don't see that there's any problem because nobody's going to build a tunnel that's say within a metre of the tunnel. So they're probably going to go below where the fossils are," he said.

"The only thing that could possibly be detrimental is if they had to restrict access to that stretch of beach."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/27/2102043.htm

--
The existance of the fossils near the proposed plant outlet is being used more as a political foil by opponents to the desalination plant. Palaeontologists themselves aren't overly concerned. Of course I may be biased, since I work for the organisation responsible for building the plant... :)

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist              geo cities.com/dannsdinosaurs
Melbourne, Australia             heretichides.soffiles.com