RE: Free download of New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science

--- Michael Lange <Michael.Lange@gmx.ch> schrieb:

> I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but
> the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
> Bulletin No.35 with numerous dinosaur papers is
> available here:

http://www.nmnaturalhistory.org/science/bulletins/35/index.html

From:
Lucas, S. G. and Sullivan, R.M., eds., 2006, Late
Cretaceous vertebrates from the Western Interior. New
Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science Bulletin
35.

"These bonebeds contain a remarkably diverse
vertebrate fauna, with at least 19 chondrichthyan
taxa, 16 or more actinopterygians, and at least 12
reptilian taxa, including the earliest diverse avian
fauna known from North America."

Basically it's a review of already-published data with
some caveats. A 3rd metatarsal of an ?enantiornithine
(marine???) and _Pasquiaornis_ and cf._Pasquiaornis_
galore, as well as some very old _Ichthyornis_
specimens. Apparently nothing modern. Not that I'd
have expected Neornithes in the Cenomanian of N.Am. -
at least not plentiful enough to be easily found.

Regards,

Eike

        __________________________________  Ihr erstes Baby? Holen Sie sich
Tipps von anderen Eltern.  www.yahoo.de/clever