Re: Homing Pigeons? Try Homing Crocodiles...

Here is the original research article documenting
homing instinct in Crocodylus porosus:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0000949

The authors note that evidence for homing behavior
over shorter distances appears to exist for alligators
and caimans, which suggests this capacity may be a
general crocodilian characteristic, and not restricted
to estuarine species.

Guy Leahy