Re: Some final references

Martin Baeker writes:

Thanks to Dmitry, we can now formulate

ANISIMOV'S LAW:
If loss of a structure lets not drop you dead immediately, it is
without any function.

This law has lots of interesting consequences - due to time
limitation, I only state one:

During my summer vacation, I observed a seagull with only one
foot. Locals assured me that it lived in the area for quite some time
now and seemed to be doing fine. According to Anisimov's law, this
proves that at least one of the two feet of seagulls is without
function.

Here in Australia we often see silver gulls with one foot - or sometimes no feet at all. Waterbirds really only need one webbed foot anyway, so they can paddle in circles while they sleep. A second foot is just gold plating.

Double-stumped silver gulls probably don't sleep on the water anyway - after having had their feet bitten off by ravenous fish on two separate occasions they probably become seriously hydrophopic (thus the problem of drifting aimlessly while sleeping at sea solves itself).

P.S.: Sarcasm has a way of back-firing, doesn't it?

The nature of sarcasm doesn't translate well into written text. We need to invent a sarcasm emoticon for clarity. I would certainly have used some in my previous paragraphs had they been available.

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist              geo cities.com/dannsdinosaurs
Melbourne, Australia             heretichides.soffiles.com