Re: Some final references

--- Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

> The nature of sarcasm doesn't translate well into
> written text. We need to
> invent a sarcasm emoticon for clarity. I would
> certainly have used some in
> my previous paragraphs had they been available.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Before this strays too far off topic, I would like to
add that the old standby "smiley" emoticon, tends to
serve as a good "just kidding" / sarcasm symbol.

All the more so when the smiley has the "mean
eyebrows." I.e. >:), or >:-) for those who insist on
noses.

Now the question arises: does a sarcastic smiley with
a nose also contain respiratory turbinates? Probably
not, given its digital nature. Though only a
dissection would truly tell.

Jason - who is really stretching this one to maintain
topicality.

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7