Re: something's wrong here: Qianosuchus phylogeny

David Marjanovic writes:
 > No, my friend. No. The most recent common ancestor of pterosaurs
 > and scleromochlids was, by definition, not a scleromochlid. (It
 > wasn't a pterosaur either.)

Really?  What is the reason for knowing a priori that scleromochlids
could not possibly be paraphyletic with respect to pterosaurs?

)_v__/\  "I didn't say 'make it optional but the server can reject the
         request if it's omitted', I said the inverse: 'make it mandatory,
         but the server can accept it if it's omitted'" -- Ray Denenberg.