Re: something's wrong here: Qianosuchus phylogeny

> If there were two scleromochlids known, and the group as a whole
> turned out to be paraphyletic, that would mean one of the
> scleromochlids had turned out not to be a scleromochlid.

If a cladistic definition is in use for Scleromochlidae, yes.

A phylogenetic definition* is not necessary; I'm just saying that everyone who only recognizes monophyletic taxa ( = clades) above the species level would in the above case say that one of the scleromochlids had turned out not to be a scleromochlid.

* Has nothing to do with cladistics, except historically.