Re: Bayesian analysis in phylogeny

Hi

I'm entirely unfamiliar with its use, but my academic adviser brought
it up to me about the use of Bayesian inference in phylogeny.

Does anyone know some good references I could refer to in order to
become more familiar with it?

As a start, you might try:

Felsenstein, J. 2004. Inferring Phylogenies. Sinauer. Sunderrland, MA.

or

Huelsenbeck, J.P., F. Ronquist, R. Nielson, and J.P. Bollbacjk. 2001. Bayesian inference of phylogeny and its impact on evolutionary biology. Science 294: 2310-3214.

Michael Balsai, Ph.D.
Instructor in Biology
Department of Biology
Temple University