Re: Trialestes, dino? croc? or proud parent to both?

The dino/ptero split occurred somewhere around Casineria, 100 million years earlier.

That is crazy. That is flat-out crazy. I wish you good-afternoon.

Sure, I'm trying to be a scientist. So if you can manage to make me eat my words, I will eat them, complete with public apology and all. It's just not going to happen is what I'm trying to say. *Casineria*? That stain on an Early Carboniferous rock that might be somewhere close to amniote ancestry according to the optimists, perhaps something like crown-group tetrapod ancestry according to the realists, and completely undiagnostic beyond "limbed vertebrate" according to the pessimists? Please.