Re: sauropod

Quoting David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>:

"Lognko" (odd as it looks) brings up a number of results, too. I don't
know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a strongly
standardized spelling system for the Mapuche/Mapuce language.

No, there isn't, but the sound in question does seem to be the one that occurs twice in "singing", and I don't see why anyone would want to write that gn.

(BTW, the language calls itself Mapudungun.)

There are several proposed systems for a Mapudungun orthography. None of them appears to use the digraph <gn>, though some do use <ng> for the velar nasal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapudungun_phonology

--
Nick Pharris
Department of Linguistics

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    --Edwin H. Land