Re: Origin of flight

I lived on a farm when I was young and had a rather large dog (about 70 pounds) that loved to rabbit hunt. Successful enough that we rarely fed him because he usually wasn't hungry. His technique was to bound straight up in the air to clear the vegetation (usually cotton patches), swing his head back and forth to look around while near the top of the leap, and light out like a house afire if he saw a rabbit while aloft. Then, he'd just chase the rabbits down running, rather than trying to leap at them or pounce on them.
JimC