Re: tetanurae

On 9/18/07, Tobi Hautekiet <darth_tobi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> if this is right do tell me, but i do know i left a whole lot of familie's
> out and maybe even a clade somewere but tell me, the baryonyx was a
> tetanurae right, i just asumed that from wat i know now that he wa a
> spinosauridae, i this right
>
> dinosauria:ornithischia,saurischia/saurischia:herrerasauria,theropoda,sauropodomorpha/theropoda:ceratosauria,tetanurae/tetanurae:spinosauridae!!!dingding!!

Pretty much, yes. The full clade address (from _Dinosauria_ down)
containing _Baryonyx walkeri_ would be:

Dinosauria Saurischia Eusaurischia Theropoda Avepoda Averostra
Neotheropoda Tetanurae Spinosauroidea Spinosauridae Baryonychinae
Baryonx walkeri

Note that if you follow Rauhut's phylogeny it gets a bit longer:

Dinosauria Saurischia Eusaurischia Theropoda Avepoda Averostra
Neotheropoda Tetanurae Neotetanurae Carnosauria Spinosauroidea
Spinosauridae Baryonychinae Baryonx walkeri

But, again, this is a minority view -- most researchers do not find
spinosauroids to be carnosaurs.

> do tell me this, what are all the groups and familie's and clade's under
> theropoda...

Please see Mickey's site (link posted earlier).

> and t.-rex was a part of carnosauria right?and is a carnosaur part of the
> tetanurae or of avetheropoda

_Avetheropoda_ (also callled _Neotetanurae_, which is arguably the
more proper name, since it was defined earlier [like one week earlier,
but...]) is part of _Tetanurae_. _Avetheropoda_ consists of
carnosaurs, coelurosaurs, and their last common ancestor.

_Tyrannosaurus rex_ is no longer considered a carnosaur. Instead, it
and other tyrannosaurids are large-to-gigantic coelurosaurs. That is,
they share more recent ancestry with birds than with _Allosaurus_.

--
Mike Keesey