Amazing Flugsaurier.

I have to say, the Pterosauria has awaken.

After five days dealing in a field I do not consider myself an "expert", I was amazed at the amount of information and novelties that can be learned in a Pterosaur Symposium. The pterosaurs experts and students are (mostly) a, enthusiastic fine bunch and well organized too, so we had that kind of atmosphere and human touch always present in the SVP and SVPCA meetings.
All hail to David Hone for his boundless involvement and enthusiasm, a fine job indeed! It was a pleasure to work with and for him.

Obviously one of my personal highlights was paying tribute to and shaking the hand of Dr.Peter Wellnhofer in his anniversary.

My thirst for dinosaurs was quenched by being as close as I could possibly be to two Archaeopteryx specimens >and< the original Compsognathus.
Some of the specimens that we had access to were as relevant historically as the Nefertiti bust at the Berlin Museum.

And if it wasn't enough, two of the finest museums: Solnhofen and Eichstaat in just one day as part of the field trip. They even opened the lid of Juravenator for some of us to take photographs. Generous people.

A well spent week. I urge everybody to support the efforts for the next pterosaur meeting in China 2010. If this pterosaur meeting was so well located in Munich, imagine what is going to be the next one with all the new stuff being discovered there.

As a post data: nobody should miss the refurbished Humboldt museum in Berlin. Small but more interesting, well organized and informative than many big ones. And has the most majestic, spectacular sauropod trio ever to be displayed (you can spend hours in front of them). Didn't mind that upward-stretched Brachiosaurus neck, but...shame about tiny Kentrosaurus... somebody should have done something about those sprawling front legs.

Luis Rey

Visit my website
http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~luisrey