Re: Evidence For a Feathered Velociraptor...

"...help it maneuver while running..."

Aha!

The little guys might have had feathers to get them out of trouble but the big guys might have had feathers to turn and swoop after them. <<<

Not to toot my own horn, but:

Hartman, Scott. 2000. Primary and caudal feathers as locomotory adaptations in maniraptoran theropods. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Vol. 20, Supplement to No. 3. pp. 47A.

Hartman, Scott. 2005. Estimating Ancestral Habitat and Selective Pressures Leading to the Origin of Avian Flight. Abstract volume of the II Latin American Congress of Vertebrate Paleontology.

And I didn't even have feathered theropod fossils when I presented the first one...

Scott Hartman
Science Director
Wyoming Dinosaur Center
110 Carter Ranch Rd.