two parents per dinosaur, really?

I know I shouldn't do this, but this paragraph:

     The age range of the fossils suggested they came from different
     eggs, laid by different parents, he said. The remains formed a
     nursery with babies from at least two different parents, he
     added.

from one of the news articles already mentioned:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070919/sc_nm/dinosaur_herd_dc;_ylt=AlJXJI1uI_BuS6iNyERtT0NxieAA

just strikes me as hilarious.  I'm sure the author (Michael Kahn) was
under tremendous time pressure to get that article posted but
really... "from different eggs"?  As if it might be normal for
dinosaur eggs to be double-yoked or something?  And "at least two
different parents"?  So we no longer think psittacosaurs reproduced
clonally?  What would we need to find to convince us there was only
one parent...  the remains nailed to a cross?

I know, like I said, I shouldn't do this...  Anyways, I'm glad there
aren't quotation marks in that paragraph because I wouldn't want Paul
Barrett to feel like he now has one of those different eggs on his
face :-)

--
Mickey P. Rowe     (mrowe@lifesci.ucsb.edu)